Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hardcorehardcorehardcorehardcore

So...

This is day 2. I've eaten carrots, an apple, and had a box cranberry juice.

Remember those box drinks from when you were a kid? Apparently, they are way healthier for you than what we all originally thought. When I was a kid, I just thought they tasted good. Now, I'm drinking them like they are replacing missing blood.

I also had "The Green Monster" again, without the cheese, because there is no real room for cheese on this detox menu. That's really the hardest thing for me. I love cheese. Always have. I'm the type of guy who will come home and eat a slice of cheese for a snack before I go to bed. I always consume the leavings in a bowl of grated cheddar, and I always have cheese on my sandwiches. Subway? Yeah, extra cheese. Deli sandwiches? Absolutely, pile it on! That salad was good, but I really missed the feta.

As I have said here before, I am a caffeine junky. Even with having four cups of green tea, I was feeling a bit light headed last night when Celia and I went to dinner. I had to have a cup of coffee before the world lost further focus in front of me. It would have been bad. I have had caffeine withdrawal. Migraines, crankiness, short attention span... There is no way I can tackle weight loss and caffeine detox. You would have to break out the methadone and serve me up that every morning like the heroin addicts do. I would have to enter a 28 day program in the midwest. It would look like one of those trainwrecks on celebrity rehab. I would have to enter into a 12 step program for COFFEE!!

Screw that.

I like being awake too much for that to be a worthwhile cause to follow.

Hell, I've given up soda - I had unsweetened iced tea last night with dinner, and have been drinking multiple cups of green tea at work for the last two days.

Do I feel better? Good lord, not really. I'm sure this will lift as my metabolism restarts, but I feel like a doormat. Now, I just need to tough this out.

More carrots await.

No comments:

Post a Comment