Monday, January 11, 2010

101 things in 1001 days

There's been a rash of these going around, so why not jump on this bandwagon. It's in the spirit of trying to remake myself.

The Challenge:

Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.

1. Get a better job. One with a stable schedule, health insurance, and a steady predictable paycheck

2. Get a car

3. Move out of Mom's

4. Resurrect my podcast or rejoin WSIA as a volunteer

5. Finish reading the Dark Tower saga

6. Transfer all my old home movies to dvd

7. Go to Disney World.

8. Go to the holocaust museum

9. finish off paying my credit card debt.

10. Go to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame

11. Go to one NHL playoff game.

12. Explore options and enroll into a retirement fund.

13. Get a new prescription for eyeglasses

14. Get teacher's certification in New York State or New Jersey, or both.

15. See all 10 films that are nominated for the best picture Oscar.

16. Celebrate 3 years, and 4 years, respectively, clean from abusing prescription pain killers.

17. Lose 80lbs.

18. Rejoin a gym

19. Get an exercise regimen

20. Stick to it (re: 19)

21. Go on another cruise

22. Write at least one article a month for Bleacher Report.

23. Keep this blog going regularly until I reach my weight goal.

24. replace my xbox 360.

25. Keep the same phone number for 1001 days.

26. Get the panasonic DVCAM deck I have repaired.

27. Replenish my savings account.

28. Renew my CASAC.

29. Re-enroll in CSI's education department.

30. Learn Motion.

31. When I am living on my own, cook for myself at least 5 nights a week.

32. Add to my cookbook and explore publishing options.

33. Get better with Photoshop.

34. Explore freelance journalism options as far as hockey and music coverage goes.

35. Stop playing with my Blackberry during dinner and during conversations.

36. Drink only one can or 20 oz. bottle of soda per day.

37. Play piano a minimum of 30 minutes per week.

38. Relearn Bridge Over Troubled Water

39. Revisit the acoustic thing with Brian.

40. Get one paying client to hire us to play at their event.

41. Visit Al and Alice in Washington, DC.

42. Celebrate Towel Day.

43. Re-read Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

44. Read Dracula with Celia

45. Take more video during family and friends' functions and edit a year end highlight reel.

46. Use above dvd as a Christmas card for 2010.

47. Write a story/treatment for Marty to adapt to a screenplay.

48. Only eat red meat once a week.

49. Return to Las Vegas.

50. Either get in contact with my natural father or find another way to resolve those feelings.

51. Go through my itunes and delete media that I will never use.

52. Actually edit a reel.

53. Complete an air check.

54. Complete my name change.

55. Get a new keyboard.

56. Get a new christmas cactus.

57. Join a soccer league. Indoor or outdoor - doesn't matter.

58. Get hockey skates.

59. Go ice skating.

60. Take photos of my dad's paintings

61. Get in contact with a dealer or gallery.

62. Get my dad's art shown.

63. Volunteer my time at a YMCA or community center as a peer counselor.

64. If they do, in fact, go on tour, see Roger Waters live at Yankee Stadium.

65. See a Yankees-Red Sox game.

66. Go to the New York Aquarium.

67. Go to the Baltimore Aquarium.

68. Go to the Bronx Zoo.

69. Go the the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

70. See a performance at the Met Opera House.

71. See Wicked.

72. Get a dslr.

73. Start working on a photography portfolio in order to have a show.

74. Get to the shore at least four times during the summer.

75. Create real video media for each song on Abbey Road.

76. Close my account with Citibank and open one at a bank with better hours.

77. Be on time with 12 consecutive credit card payments.

78. Finish this list.

79. Meditate at least twice a week.

80. Learn better relaxation techniques.

81. Get the Lego Death Star and build it.

82. Record a riff track for Star Wars or one of the Lord of the Rings movies.

83. Play Texas Hold Em in AC only once.

84. Start a no money required friends' poker night once a month.

85. Teach myself two new songs on piano.

86. Write one piano composition.

87. Transcribe White Shades to ledger paper.

88. Record White Shades.

89. Go through box of tapes from radio days and label them correctly.

90. Pay off fine traffic from East Orange, New Jersey.

91. Start saving for a house.

92. Get a actual pro style Rangers jersey with my name and number on the back.

93. Contact my cousin Rick.

94. Train a replacement at my current job.

95. Grow and maintain a rose bush or balcony flower box.

96. Stop drinking red bull, or other energy drinks, for 12 consecutive months.

97. Stop eating tacqitos.

98. Learn how to make my Mom's bbq pulled pork.

99. Host and cook for a Thanksgiving Day dinner.

100. Go to an NHL Winter Classic game.

101. Get "The Slut" repaired.

Number 56 and number 78 are done already. I'll update you, faithful readers, as needed.

1 comment: