Sunday, January 10, 2010

Where does it all come from?! 1/10/10

I just don't get it.

I have a pretty low end breakfast. I had chex with milk and coffee.

And at the end of the day, I have still broken 3000 calories. Hell, the trip to Five Guys wasn't even that bad.

So what got me yesterday? Soda. Always soda. Every single time I walk into Five Guys, I just must have Mr. Pibb. It must happen. Again, I'm left with my own poor choices. The other concern I am beginning to have is that I do tend to snack a lot. During the Jet game it was a handful or two of these hard salted pretzels.

It isn't always what I'm eating, either. It tends to be about quantity. The Mr. Pibb would have been ok, but the three subsequent refills were the killer. The Gertrude Hawk caramel apple would have been fine, if I had only had part of it, and stowed it in the fridge for tomorrow, but I just HAD to eat the whole thing.

The interesting thing about this little exercise is that I keep thinking about what I'm eating before I eat it, and I suppose that is exactly why I should have done this long ago.

So, I think I need to start really revisiting my eating behaviors from the ground up. Maybe instead of getting a burger, I should get chicken. Maybe instead of getting the large, maybe I should get the regular. And maybe, just maybe, I need to cook for myself more often.

One more thing: I need to make better choices.

Thus, back into the fray I go.

Caloric Intake for 1/9/10: 3067 (-652 from yesterday)

1 comment: