Saturday, January 9, 2010

1/9/10 Poor Choices

It's only my second day and I am getting a better, clearer picture of what my particular problem is.

Simply put: poor choices.

We went to Jose Tejas last night to celebrate one of my girlfriend's friend's new job. I had the chimichurri steak, which is what I normally order, three dos equis amber, and a diet coke. The problem is actually not what I had there, it was the three pieces of hard candy, the large iced coffee, and the grande mocha latte I had during the day.

That totaled almost 800 calories that I really didn't need.

Probably my biggest challenge coming is reducing the amount of caffeine that I intake. If it were a couple of years ago, I would have said the amount of alcohol I consume, but three beers every once in awhile is one thing. A true night of drinking is something completely different. If 3 beers have 670 calories alone, how many calories am I consuming with 7 - 8 pints of Smithwicks and 4 shots of Jamison. That is something I'm going to have to research.

Something else that I'm going to have to change in my lifestyle is my exercise regimen. I looked back in my head to when I felt somewhat better, and I was a regular visitor to the local New York Sports Club. I think it just may be time to join either there or LA Fitness. I hate to say this, but the deciding factor may be what's closer to my girlfriend, since I do spend most of the week there. Again, more research.

I'm trying to change my errant ways. And I feel like I'm getting a clearer picture of what it is that I have to change to be successful in this journey.

Caloric intake for 1/8/10: approximately 3800

No comments:

Post a Comment